Sunday, January 27, 2008

Every Picture Tells a Story


This is one of the few pictures I have of when the kids were little that caught a moment perfectly. If you look at it, it looks like three kids posing at the beach. Look again.
We had taken Shawn Smuskie to Florida with us, and the kids had a very long day and were very tired. I was younger then too.
I wanted their picture in the water, so I said "Now everybody hold hands and smile.".
Well, Dianna and Shawn immediately did as they were told, but Johnny on the other hand was such a rebel. Shawn was saying "Come on Johnny." Johnny was saying "Ewwwww I ain't holding anybody's hand." If not notice he's holding his hand back, Shawn is ready to hold hands, and Dianna . . .well, she's just blasted tired.
It caught the moment perfectly, and I thought I would share.
Johnny and Shawn are still friends to this date - Johnny was Shawn's best man in his wedding.
Every picture does tell a story - sometimes you have to look a little closer tho.

2 comments:

the curl said...

that's too cute. Maybe Dianna should have been in the middle, nope, I bet Johnny would NOT have held his sister's hand either. Funny!

Curl

Lisa said...

That's funny.

Look at Dianna; it looks just like Savannah.