Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I bounce

I wear my coffee well.

I left work a few minutes early today, got home, fixed my afternoon coffee and was heading down the stairs. Maybe "heading" down the stairs is an understatement. I butted down the stairs.

Second to last step, my foot slipped and down I went. I hit the landing on my hip and tailbone, my coffee hit me and the walls. My head scraped the door, but I am ok. I took on most of the coffee, mainly in my hair. I wasn't burned, so I guess the coffee cooled while it was splashing through space. It's funny now that I think about it.

The twins were great, and came running to my rescue and helped me clean up the little bit of coffee that was on the floor. Michael assisted me in getting up.

I am going to be sore tomorrow. At this point, I'm glad my rear-end carries that extra padding.

I fly through the air with the un-greatest of ease, and I DO bounce.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Maybe your Mom & Dad should have named you "GRACE".

Glad your Ok.

the curl said...

Glo, you should talk to your sister Sandy, she fell down my stairs (the bottom step also) the first day they were here for Christmas. Glad I can use that it is hereditary when she takes me to court, ha ha. She's fine and I'm glad your ok. I have taken that tumble myself, it hurts!
Especially when you add hot coffee!