Sunday, September 28, 2008

The shoes






My name is Gloria W. and I am addicted to shoes.


I went out yesterday and purchased two more pair. Not sure if I'll wear them or not, but I have this thing for shoes.

I hate to admit this, but I have dozens of pair of shoes in my closet that I have bought and have never worn. They will end up at the Goodwill, in a yard sale or just tossed. Mind you, I don't go out an buy really expensive shoes, but I buy them none-the-less.

Let me try and sort through my shoe thing. I'm overweight, and shoes are the only thing I can buy that is sized in a single digit. I can admit my shoe size 7 and 1/2. Will never admit what size I wear in other clothes.

Because of my body size, I do not like to buy "other clothes" because it's too depressing, so what do I buy - SHOES !!!! Somehow in my mind, I justify that "fine looking" shoes will make me look thinner. Ha Ha Ha.
Secondly, with those people who are close to me who have passed, I look at their shoes as some sort of "monument" to them. It probably comes from the "shoes" being hard to fill thing. I have a pair of my momma's shoes in my closet. My first encounter of this shoe thing (I hesitate to call it a fetish) was with my Grandma Mivelaz's shoes. It didn't hit me she was gone, until I saw her shoes sitting in her house. I just dunno :(
My next purchase of shoes should be a good pair of "WALKING SHOES" so I can get up off my arse, walk, lose weight, get all these shoes out of my closet to someone who needs them and just simply QUIT BUYING SHOES !!!
Is there a support group for this?

4 comments:

the curl said...

That's funny, and bittersweet. You might want to contact your neice, the Lins, she has a purse fettish. She's doing better though, ha ha.
My fettish is bedspreads, and lotions. Wish I were a 7 1/2.
Love ya,

Curl

Bigbluemike said...

I too am a collector. I collect wins. You see I'm a UK fan, I already have 4 wins in my closet. O by the way, am i the only one that realized UL only scored 2 against the cats. While Western scored 3. Thats all I'm gonna say about that there!

Lisa said...

Allison MUST be kin to you!!!! That's all I can say.

She would rather have new shoes then buy a new toy!!!

Lighthousegal said...

Hey noting wrong with buying shoes. I do wish I could get my big foot in a 7 1/2. I am standing on a firm foundation. I have to have a 9 sometimes even a 9 1/2 depending on the shoe. Try finding dress shoes in a 9 that don't have 5 inch heels.