Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Bath


Take a music bath once or twice a week for
a few seasons.
You will find it
is to the soul what a water bath is to the body.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Guess you could say that my soul is now clean. Mark and the Twins were all out of the house yesterday, and I "pumped up the volume." I listened to music all day. I dug out some old CDs, listened to music at Dianna's Blog - I just couldn't get enough music. I do not listen to music much when everyone is around, just when I am by myself. When the family IS around, I spend a lot of time demanding that they turn their music down, as it gives me a headache.
I'm not sure why, to me, music is best when alone. Maybe Mr. Holmes was right, it's like a warm soothing bath, which is something we do alone, as it does refresh the spirit - much like music.


1 comment:

the curl said...

like those hours we would spend in the rocking chair listening to our albums (and Sandy's of course) usually by ourselves. Cool! That's why I love to exercise alone with my ipod.

curl