Monday, August 18, 2008

The Shame


Mark and I were driving to Dianna's on Saturday, and I have to say that I am extremely embarassed and ashamed at what transpired.
We were driving along a two lane road, when we noticed something in the road. We get to the object in the road, and noticed it was some type of lawn chair - just sitting there.
We stop to wait for oncoming traffic to pass so we can go around, EXCEPT a van stopped in the other lane coming towards us. The chair was not in their lane - just ours.
An old lady, gets out of her van - while stopping traffic and removes the chair from the road, and our path. My first thought was that she had lost it and was coming back to retrieve it - BUT NOOOOOOOOOO. She carries it off and sits it on the side of the road, so all can pass and no one will be involved in an accident.
Mark and I were just going to sit there and go around it once traffic on the other side had past - but this elderly lady really showed us up. I felt awful and embarassed.
I should have gotten off my lazy ass and moved the chair. It was on my side, blocking our path. God - what have I become.
Chairs? I need to get out of them and move me arse - may save a life.

1 comment:

the curl said...

Your are better people than Bill and I. The two fine chairs at Lindsay's house were retrieved from the road after they fell off a truck. Bill waited to see if the people were coming back, they didn't, but others were waiting as well, he moved first and got the chairs, threw them in the back of his truck, and brought them home to add to our fine collection of furniture. Didn't even think about moving them from the road for dangers sake. Chairs...whadda ya gonna do. Curl