Monday, September 15, 2008

The Wind



"It really was no miracle
What happened was just this:
The wind began to switch
the house to pitch
And suddenly the hinges started to unhitch. . ."
Wizard of Oz

Yesterday was the weirdest weather situation I can remember. Funny thing about wind, is you can hear it, you can feel it, but you can't actually see it. It's there, and you know it. If our neighborhood is any indication, yesterday's hurricane-force gust took a toll on some in the region. It was absolutely wild. I've never seen anything like it really. Typically when we get "remnants" (ahem) of a hurricane, it's a little wind and a whole lot of rain. Yesterday we got a little rain and a whole lot of wind.
We were without power for a brief time, but it came back on about 8 last night. Some small damage, but nothing to write home about.
I can only imagine how the people on the Texas coast feel. My itty bitty inconvenience is NOTHING compared to the losses they have suffered. It must be horrendous for them. This is just my take on how "WEIRD" it all was. Mind you tho - we are in KY - far away from any costal region.




1 comment:

the curl said...

I know, we experienced more damage
than Sandy. I want one of those
Evacuation route signs they have coming out of Hilton Head. It's not funny, but like you said, so darn strange. Louisville, Ky survived Hurricane Ike!