Monday, March 27, 2006

The couch

Hi, My name is Gloria W - and I am a couch potato. I admit it, and I'm proud of it. I'm 55, I've been through my share of crisis and I've earned my time on my couch.My couch is my friend. My blankies are there, the telephone is there (when it's not lost), my coffee table is there and most of all my TV is there. On winter nights, my fireplace is going and it's my escape of the hectiness of the day or the dread of the next day.I've had this relationship with my couch for some time now, but I've kept it well hidden. I've only given my couch up for one person, and have since run many a person off it when I needed to sit in my spot. It's Monday here at the West household, and I've set my favorite TV shows up for the week to be recorded. I lead such a boring life. My life consist of The Apprentice, American Idol, Survivor and now Lost. I can now count in weeks how long it will be before the drab black cover comes off the pool. There are approximately 6 if we take it off in early May. I can't wait to hop into that bad boy. Only problem is. . . Big Brother starts in July. . . More TiVo-ing for me.Couch potatoes float !

2 comments:

A Flowered Purse said...

LOL Big brother,,,,,,,,,,, Alas too bad Kaysar cannot be on there this year again. He was so dreamy to look at.
American idol is coming to a close quicker n quicker it will be over in 10 weeks LOL not long now!!
Love you

The Curl said...

Couches are cool. Only thing about when I'm lounging on my couch, I want the TV off. Don't ask why, I just like to sit and stare out the window, so I'm really boring. I think the working in the evenings has taken me out of the TV thing, which could be a good thing, trouble is I don't know what else to do, so I will probably re-enter back into TV world. I am soooo looking forward to Spring and Summer! Your pool is cool!