Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Watch what you say. . .

The twinnies. . .what can I say.

They are so picky with food, except junk food - then it's anything goes. When you are cooking something you cannot say what you are putting in it, because if it is something they don't like, they won't eat it. Mark made a meatloaf one night, and the twins were gobbling it up, until I mistakenly asked Mark what was in it. When he began to tell me, the twins stopped eating cold in their tracks. Mark is very sensitive to explaining what he puts in stuff.
That's a little background information above.
Tuesdays is Chicken and Dumplings day at Thornberry's Deli. I bought 4 quarts of the stuff, because it is so darned good. I brought it home for supper. Well the fat in it had gotten somewhat hard and I had to scrape it out of the containers. IN the pot I kept stirring it until the fat content melted and it was liquid. Mark asked why I was stirring it all the time. I was afraid to say until the FAT melts, because I was afraid the twins would hear the word fat and wouldn't eat it. So I carefully chose my words and I said "I am trying to get this gel stuff to melt." I didn't give it another thought. I thought it was pretty clever too.
So while we were eating the chicken and dumplings the twins were picking at it. Joshua then says "this stuff tastes like gelatin and I don't like it" Shit !!!! He heard my reference, and I was trying to be sooooo careful. It's like - OH BROTHER !!!! Me and Mark tried to tell him there was no gelatin in them and he wouldn't buy it. . . .Soooooo, needless to say there will be no more chicken and dumplings at our house because they have jello in them.

1 comment:

A Flowered Purse said...

Kyle said you can buy him some chicken n dumplins, he loves em!!
Thats too funny
too bad they didn't have mary for a step mom who would take leftover meatloaf from the day before or even 2 days before and then make spaghetti sauce out of the leftovers and it just continued on and on, no wonder i have so many stomach issues LOL
Love you
Dianna