Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Bubbie


I had the privilege of having my grandsons over to spend the night last night. I thoroughly enjoyed their visit, as usual. They are wonderful boys, and I owe that to my daughter Dianna. I always miss them when they leave. Sometime soon, I’m going to have Savannah over for a sleep over. She’s getting at the age now where grammie can keep the pace.

Juanie (Bubbie) is the subject of this blog entry. I will write about Savannah and Anthony too, but Bubbie gets first bill.

Bubbie has such an angelic face and a disposition to match. He is plagued with Celiac’s disease and can’t eat what the others do, and is prone to tantrums out of no-where. There are many times when Dianna has had her hands full I know.

Bubbie is my swimming buddy. He and I are the first ones in the pool and the last ones out. I am teaching him everything I know about taking care of it. He seems to love it, and wants to learn more. The Bub also has a great sense of humor and really gets into playing practical jokes. He likes to clean out the junk drawer in my computer room. When he cleans it out, he gets to keep the money he finds. So, needless to say, I plant lots of change in the drawer for him to find. Shhhh – don’t tell him.

This weekend particularly was special for me with the two boys. My dog Orion only has three legs, and this weekend he has been troubled with his remaining hind leg, to the point of almost not being able to walk. I have been medicating him and it is better. Orion hangs downstairs in my computer room. We now call it Orion’s room. We probably do not spend as much time with Orion as he needs, but he is a good, faithful doggie.

Bubbie took special care of Orion this weekend. He sat on the floor and petted Orion for several periods of time. Bubbie made sure Orion had lots of treats and he even slept in the room with Orion so “Orion wouldn’t be so lonely.” When I woke up this morning, I saw that Bubbie had placed a blanket on the floor for Orion to sleep on. What does that say for a child who is only 11, who yearns for contact with his father and receives none; who has to eat a special diet and is stricken with some behavioral problems.

Bubbie is a special child with an angelic face and a heart-warming smile. I can’t help but feel that Orion is better today because of the special attention he received this weekend from Bub.

Great job Dianna !! Love to you all.

Next up - Anthony and Basketball.

(The picture attached is of Bubbie and Savannah. It’s the best one I have that shows that face that I am talking about).

3 comments:

The Curl said...

Juan is a special special boy, I know, just like Anthony and Savannah. He has the sweetest disposition, like you said. I love being around them too. (all of our great neices and nephews are so darn cute!) Juan is always the first one to give the hug, and he takes such special care of Savannah too and is ready to defend Anthony if anyone messes with him. He's a good and sweet kid, I hate what he has to struggle with, but he is such a sweetheart! Can't wait to read and comment about Anthony and Savannah. when you think of all of our neices and nephews and what great kids they ALL have. I'm just glad you wrote what is already in most of our hearts! The picture is great!! Later, Curl

L. Eubanks said...

I love the Bub!

A Flowered Purse said...

Awwwww how sweet!
He is a good good boy :)
He really tries hard and gets frustrated very easily!
hopefully that fixes itself in time!
that was so nice :)
Love you
Dianna