Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Vanny


A thing of beauty is a joy forever. This is true of my Granddaughter, Savannah.

I had the utmost pleasure of spending the night with Dianna and kids this weekend, and I had a wonderful time.

I spent a lot of time out in the back yard smoking and watching Savannah and Maddie play. I didn’t realize how grown up Savannah had become. This is exposure to a bad habit, I know, but while I was smoking, I would let Savannah and Maddie step on the fire off my cigarette so no one would get burned. I threw my cigarette butts in the trash, but first I flicked off the fire.

One time Savannah was swinging and Maddie was right there when I put out my cigarette, so I let her step on it. Well, low and behold Savannah got mad. Went into her little play house, shut the door and closed the windows. After awhile, she brought a chair outside and sat on it, with her arms folded across her chest (still mad). She was mad at me. I promised her she could do the next one, and she did. That is the first time, I had seen her display any anger. It was kinda cute. She didn’t yell or scream she was just pouty. Soooooo darned cute from a grandma’s perspective.

Savannah is a very giving child. She is willing to share her toys and always seems concerned about people’s feelings. When you walk into a room where she is, her energy and happiness are contagious. You can’t help be in a good mood when you see her smile. She is very, very sweet. She isn’t selfish like some kids her age. She and Maddie made me birthday cakes made of sand, and we would sing happy birthday (to me), and I would blow out the pretend candles and make a wish. She always wanted to know what my wish was. I always told her that it was that Cindy from the Brady Bunch would come over.

Savannah is a girlie girl. She loves to play dressup, loves to dance and cheer. She showed me some of her cheers, and by golly they were cute. She also has the gift of music and is content just to listen to someone sing. We sang several renditions of “On the way to Grandpa’s farm.” She loves music, dancing and singing.

On top of being sweet, Savannah is a beautiful child with striking blue eyes. The whole package of personality and beauty makes my heart jump for joy when I see her and she runs up and gives me hugs. I cherish every moment she is around, because she is full of energy and love. I love her so very much, and am enjoying the changes in her from week to week - it’s astounding. A special child indeed. I love my Vanny.

3 comments:

The Curl said...

Savannah is so DARN cute, you are so right!! To me she looks like Dianna when she was small. She has the most precious personality and I think she's going to be real creative, like her mom. I love all the pics of her. I think dianna should market some "Vanny" wallpaper or something, one is cuter than the other. I love her imagination. I alway's loved the Brady bunch too. I wonder if Savannah would like shirley Temple movies. I have some that I love. I'll have to have her over for Shirley night. She is so sweet and a cutie.

Gloria said...

Oooooo Carol - I bet Savannah would LOVE Shirley Temple movies. I have some, I'll check out the situation. I love Shirley Temple movies.

A Flowered Purse said...

Savannah watches the little princess, but hasn't seen the other ones, Ill have to get her a couple for Chirstmas!
she is a doll
Love
Dianna