Tuesday, January 31, 2006

TUESDAYS WITH GLORIA

Well, I cannot access my classroom this afternoon, so I'd thought I'd blog a bit. My friend came back to work today, and it was so good to see her. She said her doctors do not know why she is having those seizures, and why there was a sudden onset at the age of 55. Both times she had them at work, and was looking at a very old computer monitor. They took care of that and gave her a flat screen, so hopefully that will help. It's just all so strange.
I live my life these days as measured by how many days there are till swimming season. Those of you who do not know me must learn quickly that my swimming pool is my friend. After about 50 years of being on this earth there was NOTHING that would get me outside in the summer, except that pool. I hated summers, because I hated the heat. NOW - I look forward to summer and swimming season. So we can measure here.
I can safely say that around Derby time, It's time to start the preparation. So. There are about 8-9 weeks until Thunder over Louisville (opening ceremony for Derby festival). Then about 2 more weeks, and it's time. Ahhhhhhhh. I look at that old, ugly cover on it and it makes me sad. I actually shed tears when it's time to close it for the season. But in 10-11 weeks, it may be time once again. All together now. . . Ahhhhhhhh
Well I must go and try to get into the school classroom again. Don't you think it's amazing that I can earn a college degree in my jammies. . . . Later folks
"Splish-Splash"

2 comments:

L. Eubanks said...

I to am earning a college degree in my jammies. I take online classes! Cool.

Also, I had a friend at work who had a seizure the other day and they found out she has a bunch of blood vessels that are all tangled up in her brain. They can only give her meds to help decrease the seizures, because brain surgery would cause her to have brain damage. She is only 24.

Man, Auntie Glo, we have a lot more in common than I ever thought!

Going back to class now.

A Flowered Purse said...

I can't wait til your pool opens too momma!!!
I need some swimmin!!
Love you
Dianna