Friday, February 03, 2006

BETTER TO ASK FORGIVENESS THAN TO ASK FOR PERMISSION



I am the only female in my house. My house is full of that darned male hormone. The guys are constantly watching Star Wars (One through Six) Star Trek, Terminator. I have to hide downstairs for my dosages of Lifetime Channel.Last week the boys were in their room and my husband was watching a movie in the living room all by himself. I went up there and he was watching Pillow Talk with Doris Day. I teased him immensly about this being a chick-flick, and he admitted he loved Doris Day Movies. I told him I would not utter this to a soul, much less to his macho male friends. I haven't until now.Today, the cable company came to insall TiVO. Mark was asking the guy how to set up something, say, a week from now. The cable guy said he would show us. Mark asked him again how to set something up a week ahead of time. The cable guy asked Mark before he left if he could assist Mark in setting up the program he wanted to watch a week from now. Mark told the cable guy "No, that's ok, thanks, I'll figure it out." As the cable guy was going out the door I asked Mark what he wanted to record next week. He squinted like "shhhhhh" and said in a whisper "A Doris Day Movie." The cable guy was not yet out the door, and I broke into hysterics. Men do NOT want other men to know that they like chick flicks, much less Doris Day movies. Mark tried to stop my laughing by telling me that this particular movie had Ronald Regan in it - Like that added that needed testosterone. Hee Hee. Men do have their images to protect. So, for all of you who will be shopping for Markie-mark next Christmas - Get him a Doris Day movie.

1 comment:

A Flowered Purse said...

LOL thats funny! Doris day????? don't forget mom that he does needlepoint too! LOL
LOve you D
DIanna