Tuesday, February 07, 2006

INSTANT GRATIFICATION



I've thought about nothing all day but my swimming pool. I don't know why. It's such a form of relaxation and it so helps my achy bones. I can have a stressful day and come home and bob around on a raft or something, and I'm sooooo relaxed, almost like taking a drug or something. I look out at my pool now and it's all covered up and looks all lonely. I can't hardly stand it ya know. I can almost feel it.
I shouldn't wish my life away because it seems I do so much of it at times. Wish it was the weekend, wish it was summer, wish it was Christmas (NOT) and I need to learn to just be in the moment whatever it is. I get excited about upcoming things (except dentist visits) and just want them to happen quickly - Instant gratification I think it's called. Why do you all think I like buffets - no waiting.
I am so buy at work, it isn't even funny. It feels so good to do my job once again, and that I feel like a part of something. It's a good stress really, if there is such a thing.
My current class is over, and I've got a week break until the next one. I always miss it though. I'm not sure when I will obtain the degree, but I'm plugging away ever so slowly.
When Mark's twins came to live with us, it was quite an adjustment. Our family went from 2 to 4. Most of you know that the twins have problems, and it has been tough, but I have really become used to having them around. Joshua is on the right combination of medicines, and has been exceptional in his behavior. He voluntarily gets the mail for me, feeds the dogs, carries down his laundry. Michael is somewhat less motivated, but he is a good kid. He's funny and has read 11 Stephen King books since they have been here. I gave him a list of the Stephen King books I've read, and he's comparing the list. They both tell me time and time again that Johnny is the best role model they have. I'm glad, they ask me continually if he is coming in town for the weekend. They really like it here and are dreading going to VA for the summer. Well, I'm kind of dreading it too. They are my swimming buddies, and I will miss them.
"for you may still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not."

2 comments:

L. Eubanks said...

What's the theme of this year's party? Last year it was hat's.

This year.........?

A Flowered Purse said...

Ill be your swim buddy this year LOL as much as you want!!
love you
dianna