Monday, February 06, 2006

I watched a movie last night

I finally watched the movie Crash last night. OK, so i'm a little behind and I either wait till they are on video or pay-per-view.
Well, this movie affected me on more levels than I care to comment about.

The movie was actually billed about racism, and true racism seems to be the running theme, but to me it was more about assumptions we make as people.
We assume someone is bad
We assume someone is good
We assume someone is racists
We assume someone is our friend
We assume someone may have done something they did not

With all the assumptions we make about life and people - none of them may be true.

Very interesting movie - and I would recommend it. It certainly gets one to thinking.

Well my car is running so I must also.

Later,
Glo

2 comments:

The Curl said...

Hey glo, I haven't seen the movie yet but Linney Bell has, read her August Blog on the movie (its in her archives) I'm taking Jay's class on Ministries of Mercy to the Poor"-some very interesting things coming to light, especially about Assumptions. I'll keep you posted. Later, Curl

L. Eubanks said...

I was just getting ready to post that.. but Mom beat me to it.

It was a very powerful movie.

I think it's up for an award or something.